Here at CWM Environmental we are fully committed to overcoming challenges, both everyday and long term that the waste and recycling industry provides. We support all of our people, whether they are employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public. We strive to ensure their individual health and safety needs are our priority, we maintain this as a core value.
Waste and recycling is a relatively new, albeit growing industry and the risks we face everyday are well known. Through careful planning, regular training and by operating an honest, just culture we are able to identify risks at an early stage, removing and reducing them prior to putting persons to work. We actively encourage all our people to regularly asses their working environments and report any uncontrolled risks as they arise.
Commitment and Vision
We believe that every individual has the right to return home to their families and friends safely every day. Fundamental to this principle is an iron clad commitment from senior management to provide the means, resources and leadership to underpin this vision.
At CWM, our assets are our priority, our assets are our people.
Zero incidents and zero harm is our foremost goal. We fully understand and embrace the journey we are on, and will work tirelessly to strive for that goal. Health and Safety is the responsibility of every CWM Environmental employee.
We continually aim to improve our systems, procedures and leadership through proactive monitoring and measuring of our performance. We strive to exceed our legislative responsibility as well as specific waste industry guidelines and associated codes of practice.
We will achieve our commitment and establish performance standards by:-
- Demonstrating robust leadership and commitment at every level of the organisation.
- Establishing relationships with our employees, customers, contractors and suppliers based on trust, honesty and respect.
- Providing our employees and staff with the environment and support to realise their full potential within the business.
- Measuring and continually improving our performance standards by proactively identifying key health and safety challenges.
- Challenging unsafe acts and unsafe conditions within the business with a view to operating a just culture that strives to improve.
Health and Safety Policy
The following statement is issued in accordance with the requirements of Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. It is the policy of the company to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of its employees and all others who may be affected by its activities.
The company aims to conduct its operations in a manner that always gives priority to health, safety and environmental issues, and commits to the compliance with current health, safety and environmental legislation. Our objective is to continually improve health, safety and environmental performance.
Directors are responsible for providing health and safety leadership. Positive health and safety performance is encouraged and management must ensure that health and safety considerations are given priority in the planning and execution of operations. To assist them, the company has appointed a qualified health and safety adviser to advise on requirements of the relevant statutory provisions, and health, safety and welfare matters generally.
Employees should not carry out any task that will place themselves or others at risk of harm. Suggestions to improve health, safety and welfare within the company are encouraged and welcomed from employees for consideration and implementation as far as is reasonably practicable.
The company accepts that everyone is entitled to a safe and healthy place in which to work and its success requires the full support of every employee. All employees have a legal responsibility in respect of their own safety, that of their work colleagues and also to co-operate with their employer on safety matters. All employees are therefore expected:-
- To carry out their work functions in a safe manner.
- Encourage and support safe working practices implemented by the company at all times.
- Report any unsafe conditions that may come to their attention.
We as a company will also ensure that:-
- There are effective procedures developed for all matters relating to health, safety and welfare.
- The health and safety policy will be reviewed annually, amended and updated as necessary and any such changes will be communicated to all employees.
At CWM Environmental Ltd, there will be no compromise on safety.
Total Waste Management Solutions
Get in touch
Our friendly and helpful team are waiting to take your call or respond to your enquiry form and will be happy to advise on any queries you may have regarding Household or Commercial waste handling.